Generating Estimates in the Web App
Creating an Estimate option in RoofSnap is easy! Just open the sketch to add sub-line labels and pins to your completed Sketch Order or DIY sketch, then choose your line items in the Estimates tile. From there you can go to the Documents tile and click the green "+Add New" button to generate Material Orders, Estimates, Comparison Estimates (Good/Better/Best), Contracts and more!
Check out the step by step workflow below to help you build an estimate option:
- Click on a project to open it, then click the orange Sketch section to open the sketch.
- Click "Edges" at the top to add Sub-line labels for things like drip edge, ice & water shield, ridge vent, and flashing. These labels tell the software which measurements to apply to specific line items.
- Click "Pins" at the top to add pins to include inspection photos as well as to estimate things like plumbing boots, chimney flashing, and off-ridge vents. Click "Done" in the upper right corner to save your changes.
- Go to the teal Estimates section and click the green "+Add New" button in the bottom right. Type in a title for the Estimate option, then click the drop down menu to select your saved template. If you haven't saved any templates yet, go ahead and click "Create" to start a fresh Estimate option. Click the green "+Add New" button to start selecting line items, and "Done" in the upper right corner to save your selections.
- Go to the navy blue Documents section and click the green "+Add New" button in the bottom right, then scroll through to select a document to generate.
To view the document in a new tab on your device, click the first icon. To download the document as a PDF, click the center icon. To delete the document, click the trash can on the end.
Check out the following training video to learn more about generating an estimate in our Web App: